Friday, May 9, 2008

The Semester is Over!

I took my final final yesterday. It went horribly. Well, it started horribly and ended decently, but when you open the test and the first question asks for a character you learned a long time ago and haven't used since, you feel dumb not knowing the answer.


I'm still going to be in China until nearly the end of August, so I'm in a different frame of mind as everyone else. I'm ready to go climb a mountain, explore China, and study more in Beijing; they're ready to fly out of the country.


We had our end of the semester banquet last night. None of us likes the banquets because when they serve us fancy food we don't really like it. The best thing they offered us last night was some little cake type of thing made with durrian (not sure how to spell that, though). It's a really smelly fruit, but the cake was good.


I have to go finish up packing, I just wanted to announce that I have finished three years worth of Chinese.


Here's a picture from last night of me and my awesome Chinese teacher:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on three years of Chinese, Will! :)

Unknown said...

My mom says that durian is actually quite good, if you can either ignore the smell or hold your breath. I've never had the guts to try it, though.